ring noun (CIRCLE)
a drug ring 販毒團夥
a spy ring 間諜網
a gas ring 煤氣爐
an electric ring 電熱爐火圈
a boxing ring 拳擊台
rings [ plural ]
- She accidentally dropped her ring down a drain in the road.
- Muhammad Ali's showmanship in the ring shouldn't detract from his considerable skill.
- She sat there nervously twisting the ring around on her finger.
- The jeweller skillfully engraved the initials on the ring.
- His arm was manacled to a ring on the wall.
ring noun (PHONE)
ring noun (SOUND)
ring verb (PHONE)
The boss rang (in) to say he'll be back at 4.30. 老闆打電話（到辦公室）說他在4點30分回來。
UK I rang round the airlines (= called many of them) to find out the cheapest price. 我給多間航空公司一一打電話，想知道哪一家的機票最便宜。
- "I'm sorry I forgot to ring you." "Oh, don't worry."
- "Margot rang to say she's too busy to come." "She would - she always has an excuse."
- That decorator you rang about painting the house - did he ever return your call?
- If anyone rings for me, please tell them I'll be back in the office at four o'clock.
- I've just rung him but there was no answer.
ring verb (MAKE SOUND)
ring verb (CIRCLE)