rough adjective (NOT EVEN)
- Driving on those rough roads has really done for my car.
- The horse and cart jogged down the rough track towards the farm.
- My tyres took quite a punishing on the rough terrain.
- The fabric had a rough texture.
- He had workman's hands that were rough and covered with calluses.
rough adjective (NOT EXACT)
This is only a rough guess. 這只是一個大致的推測。
- This is only a rough draft - the finished article will have pictures as well.
- I can give you a rough estimate of how much it will cost.
- I never follow recipes exactly when I cook - I just use them as rough guides.
- Could you give me a rough approximation of how many people will be coming?
- You can get a rough idea of the size of the room by pacing it out.