sake noun (HELP)
for the sake of sb/for sb's sake
- I'm trying to keep life normal for the sake of my two boys.
- They were very unhappily married but kept up appearances for the sake of their children.
- I hope for your sake that she's happy with the arrangements.
- I hope he's there for Paul's sake.
- I knew I had to stay calm for Maria's sake.
sake noun (REASON)
for the sake of sth/for sth's sake
› because of, or for the purpose of something因爲；爲了
Let's say, just for the sake of argument/for argument's sake (= for the purpose of this discussion), that prices rise by three percent this year. 爲了便於討論，我們假設今年的價格上漲3％。