Is Carla her first or second child? 布萊恩是她的第一個還是第二個孩子？
Today is the second (of March).
B1 another另一（的）； 又一（的）
She is often described as a second Marilyn Monroe. 她常常被人們稱爲瑪麗蓮‧夢露第二。
You really should make the most of the opportunity, because you won't get a second chance. 你真的應該好好珍惜這個機會，因爲你不會再有這樣的機會了。
- After the USA, China is the second biggest importer of oil.
- His second novel was much better than his first.
- The second accident involved two cars and a lorry.
- This is my second attempt at the exam.
- In the second experiment they obtained a very clear result.
B1 after the first and before any others第二（的），第二個（的）
second noun (TIME)
There are 60 seconds in a minute. 1分鐘有60秒。
"Come on, hurry up!" "I'll just/only be a second - I need to close the window." 「快，跟上！」「等一下，我得把鎖後門。」
Do you have a second, Paul? I need to talk to you. 你能抽出點時間嗎，保羅？我想和你說句話。
It won't take a second (= it will be very quick). 花不了多少時間。
- Any half-decent sprinter can run 100 metres in 11 seconds.
- With two laps to go Ngomo led by less than two seconds.
- The computer takes a few seconds to power up after it's been switched on.
- She has beaten her own record of three minutes ten seconds.
- A dog can tear a rabbit apart in seconds.
second noun (POSITION)
This is the second of the four tests. 這是四場測驗中的第二場。
second noun (MEASUREMENT)
second noun (DAMAGED PRODUCT)
second noun (HELPER)
second noun (GEAR)
secondverb [ T ]uk /ˈsek.ənd/ us /ˈsek.ənd/