seemverb [ I + adv/prep, L ]uk /siːm/ us /siːm/
He's 16, but he often seems (to be) younger. 他16歲了，但往往看起來小一點。
Things are seldom as/how/what they seem. 事情很少表裡一致。
[ + (that) ] It seems (that) she can't come. 她好像來不了了。
formal It would seem (that) no action need be taken. 看來，我們需要在飛機起飛前兩個小時趕到機場。
"Was a decision made?" "It seems not/so." 「作出決定了嗎?」「好像沒作／作了。」
- She seemed happy enough this morning.
- The plan seemed quite simple.
- He seemed a bit depressed about his work situation.
- She seemed a bit detached, as if her mind were on other things.
- She seemed slightly embarrassed to see us there.