I have my public life and my private life, and as far as possible I try to keep them separate. 我有自己的公共生活和私人生活，並盡可能使兩者分開。
- We each have a separate bedroom but share a communal kitchen.
- Householders are given four separate receptacles for their rubbish.
- The waiter asked if we were all together so I explained that we were two separate parties.
- He regarded the north of the country as a separate cultural entity.
- The museums work closely together, but are separate legal entities.
separate verb (DIVIDE)
- It's sometimes hard to separate fact from fiction in what she says.
- In many churches the side aisles are separated from the central aisle by a row of arches.
- A narrow band of grass separated the greenhouse from the vegetable garden.
- A grille separated the prisoners from their visitors.
- I've separated the documents into three piles.
separate verb (MOVE APART)
At school they always tried to separate Jane and me because we were troublemakers. 在學校裡，他們總是設法把我和簡分開，因爲我們是搗蛋鬼。
Somehow, in the rush to get out of the building, I got separated from my mother. 急急忙忙衝出大樓的時候，不知怎麽的，我和媽媽走散了。