shake verb (MOVE)
A young boy climbed into the apple tree and shook the branches so that the fruit fell down. 一個男孩爬上蘋果樹，用力搖著樹枝好讓蘋果掉下來。
I was shaking in my shoes/boots (= very nervous) about having to tell Dad what I'd done. 想到不得不告訴爸爸我的所作所爲時，我害怕得直發抖。
shake sb's hand/shake sb by the hand
shake your head
shake your fist
- Screw the lid firmly on to the jar and shake well.
- Turn the bottle upside down and shake it.
- I shook him but he didn't waken.
- When the plane started to shake, I feared the worst.
- She put out her hand to shake mine.
shake verb (UPSET)
shake verb (MAKE WEAKER)
shake verb (GET RID OF)
"No, no, no," he said with a shake of his head. 「不，不，不，」他搖著頭說。
the shakes [ plural ] informal