shopnoun [ C ]uk /ʃɒp/ us /ʃɑːp/
shop noun [ C ] (PLACE TO BUY THINGS)
a barber's/betting shop 理髮／投注店
be in the shops UK US be in stores
- We could have a look round the shops if you like.
- The shop was closed.
- Most of the shops are open on Sundays.
- What time do the shops close?
- There are some lovely shops in the town centre.
shop noun [ C ] (WORK AREA)
shop verb (BUY THINGS)
I like to shop at Gap for clothes. 我喜歡在哈洛氏買衣服。
- Where do you shop for food?
- I like to shop locally.
- When I'm shopping in town I often pop in there.
- I was born to shop.
- If I'm shopping for clothes I like to go alone.