shrugverb [ I or T ]us uk /ʃrʌɡ/ -gg-
He shrugged his shoulders as if to say that there was nothing he could do about it. 他聳了聳肩，好像在說他對此無能爲力。
- She shrugged indifferently.
- In reply to their questions, she just shrugged.
- He shrugged and looked resigned.
- You can't just shrug your shoulders and do nothing about the situation!
- "What shall we do?" "Don't ask me," she said, shrugging her shoulders.
shrugnoun [ C ]us uk /ʃrʌɡ/
shrug noun [ C ] (SHOULDER MOVEMENT)
"I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about your problem," she said with a shrug. 「恐怕我對你的問題無能爲力，」她聳了聳肩說道。