slice noun (PIECE)
We agreed before we did the deal that we'd both take an equal slice of the profit. 成交前，我們說定雙方各拿利潤的一半。
- a slice of toast
- She took a slice of chocolate cake and smothered it in cream.
- Layer the pasta with slices of tomato.
- She cut two slices of noticeably unequal size.
- Could you cut me a smaller slice?
slice noun (HIT)
slice verb (CUT)
- Peel off the skins and thickly slice the potatoes.
- Slice the onions as thin as you can get them.
- Take off the heat and slice the bananas lengthways.
- With a very sharp knife, slice the beef as thinly as possible.
- He accidentally sliced the top off his finger while he was cutting vegetables.
slice verb (HIT)