solid adjective (HARD)
solid ground 堅硬的地面
a solid object 堅固的物體
a solid structure 堅固的結構
solid rock 實心的石頭
- solid wooden doors
- The ground was frozen solid.
- There's a solid oak floor.
- The construction should be sturdy and solid.
- The railway was built on a bed of solid rock.
solid adjective (NOT LIQUID/GAS)
- Wax passes from solid to liquid when you heat it.
- The first solid food she gave her baby was puréed carrot.
solid adjective (CERTAIN)
- This theory needs to be backed up with solid empirical data.
- We should be basing our decisions on solid facts, not inclinations and hunches.
- It seems like a very solid marriage.
- Financially the club is very solid.
- Both teams delivered solid performances.