soloadjective [ before noun ], adverbuk /ˈsəʊ.ləʊ/ us /ˈsoʊ.loʊ/
- He made his name in the 90s boy band Boyzone, before going on to a highly successful solo career.
- It's a retrospective album of solo Freddie Mercury tracks.
- This is her first solo album.
- This makes him the biggest-selling solo artist of all time.
- This was his first solo appearance at a public event.
solonoun [ C ]uk /ˈsəʊ.ləʊ/ us /ˈsoʊ.loʊ/ plural solos
a trumpet solo 小號獨奏
- A haunting oboe solo introduces the third movement of the concerto.
- Each verse was sung as a solo and then everyone joined in on the chorus.
- We had to sit through a ten-minute drum solo.
- Next up was a tedious guitar solo.
- She had to do a solo in the Christmas concert.