sort noun (TYPE)
We both like the same sort of music. 我們倆喜歡同一類音樂。
I'm going to have a salad of some sort. 我想吃某種沙拉。
What sort of shoes will I need? 我需要甚麽樣的鞋子呢？
(and) that sort of thing B1 informal
- He struck me as an affable sort of a man.
- There was some sort of property deal that didn't come off.
- He hates physical contact of any sort - he doesn't even like to shake your hand.
- What sort of music do you like dancing to?
- His condition was diagnosed as some sort of blood disorder.
sort noun (PERSON)
sort verb (ORDER)
I'm going to sort these old books into those to be kept and those to be thrown away. 我打算把這些舊書分成要留下的和要丟掉的兩類。
You can use the computer to sort the newspaper articles alphabetically, by date, or by subject. 你可以用電腦把這些報刊文章按字母順序、日期或主題進行排列。
- Eggs are sorted into different sizes by a machine.
- We no longer use manual sorting of letters.
- The eggs are sorted into different sizes.
- They sorted the rotten apples from the good ones.
- The students were sorted according to ability.
sort verb (DEAL WITH)
- In all seriousness now - joking aside - I do think there's a problem here that we've got to get sorted.
- I need to get tomorrow's food sorted.
- At least that's Sam's birthday present sorted.
- The plumber came and got the leak sorted.
- I need to get my bike sorted.