sound noun (NOISE)
Could you turn the sound down/up on the TV? 你把電視機的音量調低／高一點好嗎？
sound noun (SEEM)
the sound of sth C2 [ S ]
› how something seems to be, from what is said or written…給人的印象（或感覺）；…的言外之意
sound verb (SEEM)
sound good, interesting, strange, etc.
- Without wishing to sound conceited, I am the best salesperson in the company.
- They don't sound confident about the future of the industry.
- The depth of his voice makes him sound older than he is.
- Their ideas sound fine in principle but they haven't worked out the economics behind the policies.
- His excuse sounded a bit contrived.
sound like/as if/as though
B1 to seem like something, from what is said or written聽起來像／似乎
That sounds like a good idea. 那聽起來像是個不錯的主意。
It sounds as if they had a good holiday. 聽起來他們似乎度過了一個愉快的假期。
sound verb (NOISE)
It sounds like a bird. 聽起來像一隻鳥。
sound verb (WATER DEPTH)
sound adjective (GOOD CONDITION)