spirit noun (WAY OF FEELING)
As rock musicians in the 1960s, they were very much part of the spirit of the age/times. 作爲20世紀60年代的搖滾音樂家，他們在很大程度上代表了當時的時代精神。
spirits B2 [ plural ]
the spirit of a law, rule, etc.
enter/get into the spirit
that's the spirit
- The presence of so many outsiders has ruined the community spirit.
- I could never play team sports - I lack the competitive spirit .
- There is a spirit of defeatism among some members of the party.
- She'll make money - she's got that entrepreneurial spirit.
- Our football coach has worked hard to inculcate a team spirit into the players.
spirit noun (NOT BODY)
an evil spirit 惡魔
spirit noun (ENTHUSIASM)
spirit noun (ALCOHOL)
Vodka is a type of spirit. 伏特加是一種烈酒。