star noun (OBJECT IN SPACE)
star noun (PERFORMER)
- the stars of the silver screen
- There will be many stars performing in the Royal Ballet's Gala Night, held in aid of children's charities.
- She is one of the rising stars in the political firmament.
- A number of stars from the world of music attended the event.
- The 23-year-old tennis star looks unbeatable this season.
star noun (SYMBOL)
a sheriff's star 警長的星章
star noun (LUCK)
starverb [ I + prep, T ]uk /stɑːr/ us /stɑːr/ -rr-
David Oyelowo starred in the movie "Selma". 班•金斯利主演了電影《甘地》。
- Ingrid Bergman starred with Humphrey Bogart in the movie 'Casablanca'.
- Last year he starred in the movie adaptation of Bill Cronshaw's best-selling novel.
- The movie stars Mark Burgess-Ashton as the gung-ho young fighter pilot.
- The movie stars Kathleen Turner as the hard-boiled detective of Sarah Paretsky's novel.
- Russell Crowe stars as a grief-stricken avenger on the trail of his family's killers.