streamnoun [ C ]uk /striːm/ us /striːm/
stream noun [ C ] (SMALL RIVER)
a mountain stream 山澗
underground streams 地下溪流
stream noun [ C ] (CONTINUOUS FLOW)
- A steady stream of students came out of the room.
- He hurled a stream of abuse at her.
- A steady stream of tourists emerged from the cathedral.
- Airport officials received a stream of verbal abuse from angry passengers whose flights had been delayed.
- Parties, drugs, and a stream of glamorous women - his was a life in the fast lane.
stream noun [ C ] (STUDENTS)
stream verb (FLOW)
One woman was carried from the scene of the accident with blood streaming from her head. 一名頭部流血的婦女被抬離事故現場。
stream in, out, through, etc.