strong adjective (NOT WEAK)
It is surely the duty of the stronger members in a society to help those who are weak. 任何社會中，幫助弱者都是強者不可推卸的責任。
Get Carl to lift it - he's as strong as an ox (= very strong). 讓卡爾來提起它吧-他像牛一樣壯。
I can give you stronger pain-killing drugs if these aren't strong enough. 如果這些止痛藥藥效不夠，我可以給你一些藥效更強的。
B2 skilled or good at doing something精通的，擅長的；突出的
Without a doubt, she's the strongest candidate we've interviewed for the job. 毫無疑問，在我們所面試的這個職位的求職者中，她是能力最強的。
- He was swept out to sea by the strong current.
- I'm not a strong swimmer so I prefer not to go out of my depth.
- You'll need a strong abrasive for cleaning this sink.
- The strong police presence only heightened the tension among the crowd.
- A strong wind will favour the bigger boats.
strong adjective (DETERMINED)
- He's a strong advocate of state ownership of the railways.
- She left home in the face of strong opposition from her parents.
- Some people put their faith in strong leaders rather than sound policies.
- What this state needs is really strong government.
- I don't think that's a very strong argument.
strong adjective (NOTICEABLE)
This coffee is too strong for me. 我不喜歡味道太濃的咖啡／茶。
- He's got a strong French accent.
- There was a strong smell of burning.
- The sun was so strong we had to pull down the blinds.
- The stink of rotting seaweed was strong along the seashore.
- How do you like your tea - strong or weak?
strong adjective (DIFFICULT TO BREAK)
- Mind that box - the bottom isn't very strong.
- He has a very strong constitution.
- He has good strong digestion.
- The bags we sell have very strong seams, so they will last for years.
- These are good strong toys for tiny tots.
strong adjective (LIKELY)
strong adjective (IN NUMBER)
strong adjective (CHEMISTRY)
come on strong