sueverb [ I or T ]uk /suː/ us /suː/
He was so furious about the accusations in the letter that he threatened to sue. 他對信裡的指控憤怒至極，揚言要控告對方。
She sued the paper for (= in order to get) damages after they wrongly described her as a prostitute. 因為該報紙誹謗她是妓女，她提起訴訟要求賠償損失。
- She threatened to sue the magazine for libel.
- She decided to sue for libel after the newspaper smeared her private life.
- You'll have to spend a small fortune in legal fees if you decide to sue for compensation.
- He was so enraged at the article about him that he sued the newspaper.
- He was sued for breach of contract.