surface noun (TOP)
a work surface 工作檯面
- She watched the sunlight dancing on the water's surface.
- Pollution has decayed the surface of the stonework on the front of the cathedral.
- There seems to have been some abrasion of the surface.
- The surface had been filed smooth.
- Roll out the pastry on a flat surface.
surface noun (APPEARANCE)
On the surface, this seems like a difficult problem, but in fact there's an easy solution to it. 表面上來看，這是一個難題，但事實上它很容易解決。
Beneath/Below/Under the surface of contemporary West Indian life lurk memories of slavery. 在西印度現代生活的背後，有關奴隸制度的記憶依然揮之不去。