surroundverb [ T ]uk /səˈraʊnd/ us /səˈraʊnd/
B1 to be everywhere around something環繞，圍繞，包圍
She said that she wanted to die surrounded by the people she loves (= with them all present). 她說她希望在她死的時候，她所愛的人會陪伴在自己身邊。
- A county usually consists of several towns and the rural areas which surround them.
- She made her entry to the ceremony surrounded by a group of photographers.
- The hotel is surrounded by perfectly manicured gardens.
- The president arrived surrounded by his minders.
- The house is surrounded by trees, so it's not overlooked at all .