system noun (SET)
the immune system 免疫系統
the nervous system 神經系統
- Hot water circulates through the heating system.
- There appears to be a problem with the patient's respiratory system.
- A heavy fall of snow had disrupted the city's transport system.
- The accident was caused by the failure of the reactor's cooling system.
- Drink a lot of water to flush the toxins out of your system.
system noun (METHOD)
B2 [ C ] a way of doing things方法，方式；體制，制度
the system disapproving
- After the trial, his family said they had lost all faith in the judicial system.
- Pregnant women are exempt from dental charges under the current health system.
- Do you understand the system of classification used in ornithology?
- The present voting system distorts the wishes of the electorate.
- The present tax system penalizes poor people.