table noun (FURNITURE)
set the table
- They sat round the dinner table, arguing about politics.
- Come to the table everybody - supper's ready.
- He came in with four shopping bags and dumped them on the table.
- He lived in a room with only two chairs, a bed and a table.
- I'll just get a sponge and wipe the crumbs off the table.
table noun (INFORMATION)
- He consulted a table of tide times.
- All the figures are arranged in this table.
- We learned about the table of elements.
- This table shows population increase.