tackle verb (DEAL WITH)
- The president is clearly in a dilemma about how to tackle the crisis.
- There is a great deal of indecision over how to tackle the problem.
- The manifesto includes tough measures to tackle road congestion and environmental pollution.
- When is the government going to tackle the problem of poverty in the inner cities?
- I felt that he just talked round the subject and didn't tackle the main issues.
tackle verb (SPORT)
B2 [ I or T ] (especially in football or hockey) to try to take the ball from a player in the other team, or (in rugby or American football) to do this by taking hold of the player and making them fall（尤指足球或曲棍球中）阻截得（球）；（橄欖球中阻截時）擒抱並摔倒（對方持球隊員）