talkverb [ I ]uk /tɔːk/ us /tɑːk/
talk verb [ I ] (SAY WORDS)
We were just talking about Gareth's new girlfriend. 我們剛才在談論賽門的新女友。
talk verb [ I ] (DISCUSS)
He gave a talk about/on his visit to Malaysia. 他就他的美國之行舉辦了一個講座。
talks C2 [ plural ]
Talk won't get us anywhere. 閒談對我們毫無益處。
The talk/Her talk was all about the wedding. 那次談話／她所說的全都是關於婚禮的事。
- He gave a talk on the representation of women in 19th-century art.
- We need to have another talk about this - can we meet later this afternoon?
- Our talk soon veered onto the subject of football.
- She was nervous about giving a talk to her colleagues, but she carried it off very well.
- I had to have a talk to her about a complaint that was made about her work.