televisionnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈtel.ɪ.vɪʒ.ən/ /ˌtel.ɪˈvɪʒ.ən/ us /ˈtel.ə.vɪʒ.ən/ also TV, UK informal telly
a 3D/an HD television
Could you turn the television down? 你把電視聲音調小點好嗎？
Is there anything good on television tonight? 今晚有甚麼好看的電視節目嗎？
- Our new television has a very clear picture.
- You said we could watch television when we've finished our homework.
- The news on television tonight was very depressing, as usual.
- Because of television, many people have lost the art of conversation .
- I wish they'd show more dramas and documentaries on television, instead of all these quizzes and reality TV shows..