testnoun [ C ]uk /test/ us /test/
an eye test 視力檢查
a pregnancy test 妊娠檢查
- We're revising algebra for the test tomorrow.
- She scored 18 out of 20 in the spelling test.
- She's been trying to pass her driving test for six years and she's finally succeeded.
- The medical tests showed some variation in the baby's heart rate.
- Candidates who are successful in the written test will be invited for an interview.
testverb [ T ]uk /test/ us /test/
- The fire alarm is tested every week.
- The drug is still being tested and will not go into commercial production for at least two years.
- You need to have your eyesight tested.
- This piece of equipment is used to test alcohol levels in the blood.
- They test the car tyres on a motor racing circuit.