theatre noun (BUILDING/ROOM)
the Lyceum Theatre 蘭心劇院
a lecture theatre 報告廳，演講廳
theatre noun (PERFORMING ARTS)
She made her career in the theatre. 她從事戲劇事業。
- In the 70s he was the enfant terrible of the theatre.
- He doesn't really know a thing about the theatre - he's just posing!
- The arts festival is pre-eminently a festival of theatre.
- She has shunned publicity since she retired from the theatre.
- There's a lot of straight theatre at the festival as well as the newer, more experimental stuff.