thing noun (OBJECT)
What's that thing over there? 那邊的是甚麼東西？
things [ plural ]
- What Pablo has just said puts an entirely new complexion on things.
- I'd love to know what Anna thinks about things, but she always keeps her own counsel.
- Both the kids were ill while we were in Boston, so that rather put a damper on things.
- Rick's more involved with the financial end of things.
- It just shows how you should never say how well things are going for you - it's fatal .
- Whatever's that yellow thing on your plate?
- They sell dried flowers and baskets and that type of thing.
- I'm looking for a cloth for cleaning silver. Do you have such a thing?
- This case is absolutely full - I can't stuff another thing into it.
- If your home was on fire and you could save only one thing, what would it be?
thing noun (IDEA/EVENT)
That was an unkind thing to say. 那樣說是不友好的。
the thing [ C ]
the real thing
the same thing
B1 the same同樣的事物
Training isn't the same thing as education. 訓練與教育並不一樣。
the whole thing
above all things
in all things
if there's one thing I want to know, find out, etc.
thing noun (SITUATION)
things B1 [ plural ]
it's a good thing
thing noun (ANYTHING/EVERYTHING)
a thing B1 [ S ]
not a (single) thing
not have a thing to wear B1 also have nothing to wear humorous
thing noun (ACTION)
a/one thing [ S ]