tip verb (ONE SIDE HIGHER)
tip verb (POUR)
tip verb (END)
tip verb (PAYMENT)
tip verb (INFORMATION)
tip verb (RUBBISH)
tipnoun [ C ]uk /tɪp/ us /tɪp/
tip noun [ C ] (INFORMATION)
She gave me a useful/helpful/valuable/practical tip about/for growing tomatoes. 她給了我種植西紅柿的有用／有益／寶貴／實用的指點。
- Freezing the butter was a useful tip.
- He gave me some tips about the best way to catch trout.
- Have you got any tips for a new journalist?
- Let me give you a tip: she likes flattery.
- Layla gave me some tips about the best places to visit.
tip noun [ C ] (PAYMENT)
a 15 percent tip 15% 的小費
He gave the porter a tip. 他給搬運工人小費。
- The average cost of a full three-course meal - appetizer, main course and dessert - including tip and a modest wine is about $25.
- She had to give the doorman a tip before he would help her with her suitcases.
- Should I give the driver a tip?
tip noun [ C ] (END)
tip noun [ C ] (RUBBISH)