title noun (NAME)
The title of Evelyn Waugh's first novel was "Decline and Fall". 伊芙琳‧沃的第一部小說名為《衰落與瓦解》。
And this next record is the title track from the album ".The Red Shoes". (= the piece of music and the record are both called "The Red Shoes"). 下一首歌的歌名就是與專輯同名的《紅鞋子》。
titles [ plural ] also credits
- The author's name was printed below the title.
- Put the title of the article in quotes.
- There was a book I wanted to buy, but now I can't remember the title.
- Some visitors to art galleries spent most of their time studying the titles of the paintings, rather than the paintings themselves.
- She ruled two red lines under the title and then sat for a long time, thinking what to write.
title noun (PERSON)
What's her title - is she Professor or Doctor? 她的頭銜是甚麼——是教授或只是博士？