- Even under torture, he refused to deny his faith.
- They used sleep deprivation as a form of torture.
- Human rights campaigners have discovered documentary evidence of torture.
- She was subjected to torture and lengthy interrogations.
- The torture failed to break the prisoner's spirit.
tortureverb [ T ]uk /ˈtɔː.tʃər/ us /ˈtɔːr.tʃɚ/
- He was tortured in prison.
- They were tortured until they revealed where the weapons were hidden.
- If they catch him, they will torture him.
- As a child, he liked to torture insects.