traditionnoun [ C or U ]uk /trəˈdɪʃ.ən/ us /trəˈdɪʃ.ən/
[ + that ] There's a tradition in our office that when it's somebody's birthday, they bring in a cake for all of us to share. 我們辦公室有個傳統：當有人過生日時，就會帶蛋糕來跟我們大家一起分享。
We decided to break with tradition (= not behave as usual) this year and go away for Christmas. 今年我們決定打破傳統，外出度聖誕節。
- This college has a long tradition of athletic excellence.
- In keeping with tradition, they always have turkey on Christmas Day.
- The old people in the village still observe the local traditions.
- This tradition dates back to medieval times.
- Daphne is carrying on the family tradition by becoming a lawyer.