train noun (VEHICLE)
the train to/from Bristol 開往／發自布裡斯托爾的列車
Did you come by train? 你是乘火車來的嗎？
She caught/took the train to Edinburgh. 她趕上了去愛丁堡的火車／她乘火車去愛丁堡。
train noun (SERIES)
train of thought/events
train noun (PART OF DRESS)
train verb (PREPARE)
She trained as a pilot. 她接受過飛行訓練。
She trained hard for the race, sometimes running as much as 60 miles a week. 她為參加賽跑比賽而刻苦訓練，有時一周能跑60英里。
- We're trying to train our dog to sit.
- Doctors are trained to recognize the symptoms of different diseases.
- I had to take an aptitude test before I began training as a nurse.
- How I wish I could train the children to leave their dirty shoes at the door!
- We believe that he has been training an army and storing up arms.