trouble noun (DIFFICULTIES)
Their problems seem to be over for the moment, but there could be more trouble ahead. 他們的問題眼下看起來是完結了，但以後可能會有更多麻煩。
[ + -ing verb ] Parents often have trouble finding good carers for their children. 做父母的常常難以找到願意招待小孩子的餐館。
You'll only be storing up trouble for the future if you don't go to the dentist now. 如果你現在不去看牙醫，就是在給將來找麻煩。
His birthday is the least of my troubles at the moment - I don't even have enough money to pay the rent. 眼下我根本顧不上聖誕購物——我連付租金的錢都不夠。
He's never been in trouble with his teachers before. 他以前從來沒有受過老師的批評。
The camp is a great way of getting kids off the street and keeping them out of trouble. 讓小孩子去渡假營是個很好的辦法，這樣可以讓他們遠離街頭，不會惹是生非。
It's a brilliant idea. The only trouble is that we don't know how much it will cost. 這個想法非常好。唯一的問題是我們不知道這樣要花多少錢。
Ron's trouble is that he's too impatient. 羅恩的缺點是太沒有耐心。
Listen, I don't want any trouble in here, so please just finish your drink and leave. 聽著，我可不想這裡出甚麼亂子，請你趕快喝完離開。
- A woman in the street saw that he was in trouble and came to his aid.
- You wouldn't believe the amount of trouble I've had with this car.
- She got through her exams without too much trouble.
- I was always getting in trouble for misbehaving at school.
- The only trouble with this café is that the service is so slow.
trouble noun (INCONVENIENCE)
"I'd love some more coffee, if it isn't too much trouble." "Oh, it's no trouble at all." 「如果不太麻煩的話，我還想要些茶。」「噢，一點也不麻煩。」
[ + to infinitive ] If you took the trouble to listen to what I was saying, you'd know what I was talking about. 如果你用心聽我講，你就會明白我講的是甚麼。
They went to a lot of trouble (= made a lot of effort) for their dinner party, but half the guests didn't bother to turn up. 他們費了很大的勁準備晚宴，可是竟有半數客人沒來。
- He knew damn well how much trouble it would cause.
- After all the trouble she put me to, I didn't feel disposed to help her.
- Great trouble is taken to keep our database up-to-date.
- If you'd say yes to the request you'd save a lot of trouble.
- I hope the children haven't caused you too much trouble.
trouble verb (WORRY)
- My conscience would really trouble me if I wore a fur coat.
- She was troubled by the conflicting interests of a career and a family.
- Several well-known women have been troubled by stalkers recently.
- My eyes have been troubling me recently.
- They were greatly troubled by rumours that he was to lose his job.
trouble verb (CAUSE DIFFICULTIES)
trouble verb (CAUSE EFFORT)
[ + obj + to infinitive ] Could I trouble you to open that window? I can't reach it. 麻煩你把那扇窗戶打開好嗎？恐怕我不夠高。