trust verb (BELIEVE)
Trust me - I know about these things. 相信我——我瞭解這些東西。
That man is not to be trusted. 那個人不可靠。
I wouldn't trust him with my car. 我不會把我的車交給他用。
- He's such a liar - you can't trust a word he says.
- I can't employ him in the shop unless I can trust him.
- After what she did to me, I'll never trust her again.
- You can trust Ruth because she always does things by the rules.
- He's a sly old devil - I wouldn't trust him with my money.
trust verb (HOPE)
trust noun (BELIEF)
- Lack of trust is very destructive in a relationship.
- Theirs was a partnership based on mutual respect, trust and understanding.
- A good relationship is built on trust.
- All her life she had a childlike trust in other people.
- We place our trust in doctors, but even they are fallible.
trust noun (LEGAL ARRANGEMENT)
Under the terms of the trust he receives interest on the money, but he cannot get at the money itself. 按照信託協議，他得到那筆錢的利息，但不可處置本金。
trust noun (ORGANIZATION)