urgenoun [ C ]uk /ɜːdʒ/ us /ɝːdʒ/
urgeverb [ I or T ]uk /ɜːdʒ/ us /ɝːdʒ/
[ + to infinitive ] Lawyers will urge the parents to take further legal action. 律師們會力勸家長們採取進一步的法律行動。
[ + that ] Investigators urged that safety procedures at the site should be improved. 調查人員敦促該工地改進安全規程。
- Newspaper editors are being urged not to intrude into the grief of the families of missing servicemen.
- The president urged other countries to lift the trade restrictions.
- The World Bank is being urged to write off debts from developing countries.
- People were urged to boycott the country's products.
- He again urged approval of a constitutional amendment outlawing abortion.