watch verb (LOOK AT)
I got the feeling I was being watched. 我有種被人監視的感覺。
[ + question word ] Just watch how he slides that ball in past the goalkeeper. 看看他是多麼巧妙地帶球越過守門員而入網的。
Bonner watched helplessly as they drove away without him. 邦納無助地看著球從近端的球門柱旁滾進球門。
If you want me to watch the kids for a couple of hours while you go out, just let me know. 如果你想在出門時需要我幫忙照顧孩子們幾個小時，跟我說一聲就行了。
watch verb (BE CAREFUL)
I have to watch my weight (= be careful not to become too heavy) now I'm not exercising so much. 我必須注意自己的體重，因為我現在不怎麼運動。
watch noun (SMALL CLOCK)
watch noun (LOOKING)
the night watch
- I sometimes just look out the window and keep a watch on the comings and goings of everyone in the street.
- Her parents used to keep a jealous watch over her when she was young.
- Management keep a close watch on bullying in the workplace.
- She keeps a close watch on her husband to see that he behaves himself.
- You need to keep a close watch on him. He's a real troublemaker.