will modal verb (FUTURE)
Will Susie be there? 蘇茜會去嗎？
- The doctor will call next week to check on your progress.
- The choir will be performing the Hallelujah Chorus at the concert.
- The photos will be ready for collection on Tuesday afternoon.
- Representatives of the member states will be meeting next week.
- All our computer equipment will be replaced in the near future.
will modal verb (ABLE/WILLING)
I'll give you a lift. 我用車順便送你一下。
Ask Gabriela if she'll take them. 問問伊安是否會帶上他們。
I've asked her but she won't come. 我問過她了，可她不願來。
- The photocopier will collate the documents for you.
- Your father will come for you at 4 o'clock.
- In the event of a strike, the army will take over responsibility for firefighting.
- The government will only say it is not in the general interest to reveal any more information.
- Oh, for crying out loud, why won't you listen to me!
will modal verb (REQUEST)
A2 used to ask someone to do something（用於要求別人做某事）
Will you give me her address? 你能不能給我她的地址？
Will you come in for a while? 進來一會兒好嗎？
You'll have some cake, won't you, Charlie? 查理斯，你要不要吃些蛋糕？
will modal verb (IF)
（用於以 if 開頭的條件句中）
If he's late again, I'll be very angry. 要是他再遲到的話，我會很生氣。
- If you see Alan on your wanderings, will you tell him he's wanted in the office?
- If we back down on this issue, our reputation will be compromised.
- If the two sides conflict with each other again, it will be disastrous for party unity.
- If a plane window breaks the cabin will rapidly decompress.
- If we continue to deplete the earth's natural resources, we will cause serious damage to the environment.
will modal verb (LIKELY)
› also 'll used to refer to what is likely可能，大概
That'll be Scott at the door. 敲門的可能是斯科特。
That'll be his mother with him. 可能是他媽媽和他在一起。
will modal verb (ORDER)
will modal verb (ALWAYS)
› also 'll used when referring to something that always or usually happens總是；一直
Accidents will happen. 事故總是會發生的。
will noun (MENTAL POWER)
It was God's will. 這是上帝的意願。
Against their will (= although they did not want to), they were forced to hand over the money. 他們被迫違背自己的意願，召開了一次會議。
The government has failed to impose its will upon regional communities (= to make them do as it wants). 政府沒能將自己的意願強加給地方。
will noun (DOCUMENT)
Have you made a will yet? 你立遺囑了嗎？