window noun (GLASS)
She has some wonderful plants in the window (= on a surface at the bottom of the window). 她窗臺上擺了些奇妙的植物。
I was admiring the cathedral's stained-glass windows. 我正在欣賞大教堂裡的彩色玻璃窗。
Have you paid the window cleaner (= person whose job is to clean the outside of windows)? 你付給擦窗戶的工人工錢了嗎？
window frames 窗框
a window ledge 窗臺
How much is the jacket in the window? 櫥窗裡的那件外套多少錢？
- We have a clear view of the ocean from our hotel window.
- It's a bit cool in here, isn't it? I think I'll close the window.
- Would you like an aisle seat or would you prefer to be by the window?
- Car windows are usually made from toughened glass.
- The explosion shattered nearby windows and wrecked two cars.