wire noun (METAL THREAD)
a wire fence 金屬線柵欄
Don't touch those wires whatever you do. 無論如何都別碰那些導線。
- A wire has come loose at the back.
- The cable has a copper wire surrounded by a plastic sheath.
- The filaments of light bulbs are made from tungsten wire.
- Loose electric wires were dangling from the wall.
- Drill a hole through the back of the cupboard and pass the wires through.
wireverb [ T ]uk /waɪər/ us /waɪr/
wire verb [ T ] (METAL THREAD)
› to fasten two things together using wire用金屬絲捆紮
wire verb [ T ] (SEND MESSAGE)
The insurance company wired millions of dollars to its accounts to cover the payments. 保險公司向其帳戶裡電匯了幾百萬美元以支付該款項。