workingadjective [ before noun ]uk /ˈwɜː.kɪŋ/ us /ˈwɝː.kɪŋ/
working adjective [ before noun ] (JOB)
a 37-hour working week 一周工作37小時
Working conditions/practices in the mill have hardly changed over the last 20 years. 過去20年來，這家磨坊的工作條件／方式幾乎沒有改變。
› having work有工作的
- The union wants to see a reduction in working hours.
- Insistence on better working conditions by the union has resulted in fewer employee absences.
- The introduction of new working practices has dramatically improved productivity.
- These figures mean that almost 15 percent of the working population is unemployed.
- We found it impossible to acclimatize ourselves to the new working conditions.
working adjective [ before noun ] (MACHINE)
working adjective [ before noun ] (USEFUL)
We have a working theory/hypothesis about what caused the crash, which we will test. 我們有了一個關於墜機原因的初步設想／假設，還待進一步驗證。