abortverbuk /əˈbɔːt/ us /əˈbɔːrt/
abort verb (STOP)
- all good things (must) come to an end idiom
- and have done with it idiom
- be over the hump idiom
- knock off (sth)
- lay sth to rest idiom
- lay the ghost of sth (to rest) idiom
- leave it at that idiom
- the curtain falls on sth idiom
- to the bitter end idiom
- top sth off
abort verb (END PREGNANCY)
- This change in the law would make abortion illegal except for strictly defined medical reasons.
- We're conducting a poll to find out what people think about abortion.
- Some women choose to have an abortion rather than care for a severely disabled child.
- Her husband longed for children, and she had an abortion without telling him.
- Many women die or become infertile as a result of unsafe abortions.