abortionnounuk /əˈbɔː.ʃən/ us /-ˈbɔːr-/
abortion noun (END OF PREGNANCY)
- This change in the law would make abortion illegal except for strictly defined medical reasons.
- We're conducting a poll to find out what people think about abortion.
- Some women choose to have an abortion rather than care for a severely disabled child.
- Her husband longed for children, and she had an abortion without telling him.
- Many women die or become infertile as a result of unsafe abortions.
abortion noun (FAILURE)