aboveadverb, prepositionuk us /əˈbʌv/
above adverb, preposition (HIGHER POSITION)
above adverb, preposition (MORE)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
above adverb, preposition (RANK)
- A captain ranks above a lieutenant.
- A major-general is above a brigadier in the British army.
- Melanie's husband worked above mine in the Quality Control Department.
- The old man resented having someone above him telling him what to do.
- You don't get your own office here until you're a manager or above.
above adverb, preposition (TOO IMPORTANT)
- (as) proud as Lucifer idiom
- a cut above idiom
- airs and graces idiom
- as if you owned the place idiom
- get on your high horse idiom
- put on the dog idiom
- revolve around sb/sth
aboveadverb, adjectiveuk us /əˈbʌv/
above adverb, adjective (ON PAGE)