absolutismnoun [ U ]uk /ˈæb.sə.luː.tɪ.zəm/ us /ˈæb.sə.luː.t̬ɪ.zəm/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- He was a thinker whose theories were strangely compounded of absolutism and democracy.
- Nationalities founded upon the principles of absolutism, embody and express the same laws and conditions.
- Now the power of absolutism was broken.
- Then psychology aspired to be a philosophy of real existence, and attacked both absolutism and materialism.
- We are far from any thoughts of democracy in the early struggles against the absolutism of the Crown.