abstract adjective (GENERAL)
- It is sometimes easier to illustrate an abstract concept by analogy with something concrete.
- He is good at explaining quite complex, abstract ideas in a nice simple way.
- Your idea is rather vague and abstract - could you explain it in a bit more detail, please?
- These early humans were clearly capable of abstract thought, and probably language too.
- Some of these new theories are so abstract that they don't seem to relate to our everyday work at all.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: