abstractadjectiveuk us /ˈæb.strækt/
abstract adjective (GENERAL)
- It is sometimes easier to illustrate an abstract concept by analogy with something concrete.
- He is good at explaining quite complex, abstract ideas in a nice simple way.
- Your idea is rather vague and abstract - could you explain it in a bit more detail, please?
- These early humans were clearly capable of abstract thought, and probably language too.
- Some of these new theories are so abstract that they don't seem to relate to our everyday work at all.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
abstractnoun [C]uk us /ˈæb.strækt/
abstract noun [C] (SHORT DOCUMENT)
abstract noun [C] (ART)