accidentaladjectiveuk /ˌæk.sɪˈden.təl/ us /ˌæk.səˈden.t̬əl/
- All our household goods are insured against accidental damage.
- The coroner concluded that his death was accidental.
- Our meeting wasn't planned - it was completely accidental.
- She says she didn't mean to break it, but I don't think it was accidental.
- When my condition improved after taking the herbal medicine, the doctor said it was purely accidental.
accidentalnoun [C]uk /ˌæk.sɪˈden.təl/ us /ˌæk.səˈden.t̬əl/
accidental noun [C] (IN MUSIC)
accidental noun [C] (BIRD)