accommodation noun (PLACE TO LIVE)
accommodations [ plural ] US
- While he was at the library, Steve decided to seek out some information on accommodation in the area.
- Feeling guilty for the homeless is one thing, finding cheap, secure accommodation for them is quite another thing.
- Hostels are usually provided as a stopgap until the families can be housed in permanent accommodation.
- There's accommodation for about five hundred students on campus.
- The price includes travel and accommodation but meals are extra.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words