accusationnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˌæk.jəˈzeɪ.ʃən/ us /ˌæk.jəˈzeɪ.ʃən/
You can't just make wild accusations like that!
- The accusation of elitism seems unfair as the festival presents a wide range of music, with something to please everyone.
- He felt a sense of incredulity, anger and pain at the accusation made against him.
- There isn't a shred of evidence to support her accusation.
- His response to the accusation was rapid.
- A spokesman for the Palace has denied the accusation.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words